by: Kelly Leary, M.S., The Florida Matchmaker
Cupid’s local headquarters is as busy as Santa’s workshop this year and has been for several months leading into the holidays. How and why is THIS YEAR so special? During the last 20+ months, 70% of the single, divorced, and widowed population rode out the pandemic storm completely without intimacy or romance. That’s a lot of people flying solo for a long time—especially in Florida! Now, everything seems to be getting back to our NEW and IMPROVED normal. People are more social after nearly two years of isolation and social distancing. We are all over it. We realize we do need each other a little more, and hopefully, we like ourselves a little more too. This is a HUGE motivator to hit the singles scene again!
During all of our years of pairing holiday couples my team and I realized that new clients are falling into three categories. First, with remote working and the flight to Florida, one-third of our membership base is new to the area. Another third of our new clientele has been reluctantly sitting on the “comfort zone fence” or foolishly/hopelessly online dating and they are finally ready for an upgrade. Lastly, a large portion of our clientele is a product of 2020-21 BREAK-UP or DIVORCE. It is what it is, but many couples split up once and for all during lockdown. Many of these break-ups were LONG overdue. Reality has sunk in all around and movers and shakers are making their moves—only NOW they want to get RIGHT. They want to find the right person, at the right time, in the right place. This is easier than you think, too.
I would say that the biggest group of new clientele is the last category: The NEWLY SINGLE GROUP. These breakups are for the best most of the time, and if you were an unwilling participant in half of a break-up, you are not alone and you are in good company. You will find love again. Seek out a good therapist if you are having trouble getting through it and if you are doing good then “get back on the horse” and start enjoying life again! Get out of your safe zone. It’s not that fun. There are solutions to cure this ailment. Be honest with yourself. Connect. Again. Just do it. Thank me later.
If you still find yourself STUCK in a relationship that is unhappy or challenging to a fault, realize you don’t have to stay in it, simply because it’s December. KNOW, it is O.K. to break up during the holidays but you must do it in the right way: with respect for your future ex. There is a way to break up properly during the holidays. This will enable you to start 2022 fresh in mind and body! Clean out your romantic closet this month and join in on the holiday hustle-bustle with us. I’ve never seen a holiday season blow up like this in all of my 31 years of experience. People are READY to LOVE again.
So how do you break up properly?
1. Use your manners. If you have been dating less than six weeks, it is O.K. to break up over the phone, but NOT in text. Do not simply ghost the person either. It’s not nice.
2. If you are in an exclusive relationship, don’t double-dip and find a replacement before you break up. That is a coward’s way out. Man up and tell the truth. Don’t be a liar. You are going to get caught anyway and surely you will cheat again. Period.
3. If you have been in a long-term relationship, prepare what you are going to say first. Meet IN PERSON. Allow the other person to ask questions and give them some closure. It’s only human. Be kind. This will help them move on in the long run.
4. Don’t be a jerk. Don’t bash your ex around town. Don’t turn it into a war and be a drama KING or QUEEN. It’s not worth it and will stir the pot. Also, you will be bashing someone else next because that’s how you roll.
5. Plan out how you will handle the future. Will you still be friends? Can you just be friends? You may need a break altogether before you can be friends again. You may need to move to another state. Who knows and who cares. Just have a plan for yourself and your former partner so you both know what to expect moving forward, especially if you run in the same circles or share friends in common on social media. Try not to use mutual parties to gather information. All of this is easier if you are honest and up front.
Most of all, do something for you and your love life this month. You deserve it! All of the good ones are not taken. Just look in the mirror. The BIGGEST investment you will ever make is in the partner you choose.
We are here for you. Have a beautiful and blessed holiday season. Give us a shout or leave a message. Someone will get back to you. We are committed to this process more than ever before and we have actually gotten even better at matchmaking in the last two years (just when we thought we were perfect)! We can’t wait to hear how you are doing too. It’s never to late to give yourself a gift.
XoXo, Kelly & The Revolution Dating Team
#LoveOffline #LoveLocal #HolidayLoveHeadquarters #WhyWaitJustDate #TellYourFriends
Kelly Leary© has 31 years in the dating industry and a Master’s Degree in Psychology. She’s been profiled by ABC News, The Palm Beach Post, PalmBeacher Magazine, Stuart News, etc.. Revolution Dating members are pre-screened including background checks. Professional photos are taken by the staff. Revolution Dating is not online dating or blind dating. In addition to providing matchmaking services that make singles “UN-single” through their exclusive club membership, Kelly and her team also provide feedback from your dates when appropriate. Call 561-630-XOXO (9696) or 772-932-HERE (4373) for a LIVE interview with a matchmaker for the quickest service. You may also visit us at www.revolutiondating.com. *All inquiries are confidential.