“Better learn balance. Balance is key.” (The Karate Kid)
It’s March 2016. Are you lucky in love yet? How are your resolutions going? What have you done to improve your love life in the past two months? Most of us are primarily dedicated to our work and home life which make up 80% of our waking hours, and in some cases (like single parents or business owners who comprise a large part of our client base) the percentages are higher. It’s easy to get stuck in a routine and forget that you deserve to enjoy your life too. It’s easy to get stuck and fall back into your own Ground Hog Day vortex (recall the Bill Murray movie).
This month I offer you a “To Do List for March” that should knock your equilibrium back into shape. This March, try to balance familiarity with adventure…your duties with some rebellion…and watch the doors of life open up to you. Consider the following to be elixirs of life and love. After reading, go live (it up) and be the change you seek!
1. Stop Doubting Yourself. You’re either working hard or have worked hard your whole life. I ask many of my retired clients: “When is it YOUR turn?” What exactly are you waiting for? Go have some fun before you are too old to enjoy it!
2. Minimize Time Killers. Cease gossiping and avoid those who gossip. Stop focusing your energy in a negative direction. Just say NO to anything that doesn’t add value to your life. Say NO to people and things that no longer serve your higher purpose (LOVE).
3. Fear of Rejection is Foolish. You will regret the things you didn’t do way more than the things you did. Think Vince Lombardi, Steve Jobs, Oprah Winfrey. Rejection didn’t imprison them, so why should it freeze you? Quitters never win and winners never quit. The YOU of the past that loved life is still inside of you. Let’s find that person again!
4. Cool Down Urges to Overindulge. Overdoing in food, drink or any other vice is a surefire way to sabotage the balance of your mind and body. Overindulging will block your dreams of a life of love and happiness. Balance. Balance. Balance.
5. “Move!” Movement is key, and is a cure for mild depression and/or anxiety. The next time you find yourself plopping down on the couch after dinner, go for a 30 minute walk instead. The rewards of action versus stillness are too profound to measure. Your mind will relax and create more space for loving people and thoughts.
6. Reconnect by Disconnecting. Instead of spending time alone in front of the television (in fantasy land) or computer (online dating or otherwise), make a date with someone you would like to get to know better. If you don’t know anyone to connect with, we can help introduce you.
7. Explore! Make new friends and see new places. Challenge yourself. Awaken. Make an appointment to meet me. It’s good for your brain…not to mention your love life! Dare to do something out of your daily grind. Variety is the “spice of life” and will compliment your life, your year, your mind, body and soul. You deserve it too.
The above seven points are life and love changers. If balance is the platform to happiness, then the above tips will bring you much closer to a well rounded life. Balanced living is good for your health, looks and stress level. There is no time like the present to cease the day! There is no time like the present to GET LUCKY IN LOVE! Now, make your move, my friend!
#BeTheChange #JustDoIt #BeLuckyInLove
Have a Happy St. Patricks Day!
Much Love, Kelly