By: Kelly Leary, M.S. & Miranda Capperelli, Special Holiday Edition
“A Very Merry Season and a Happy New Year.
Let’s Hope it’s a Good One without any Fear.”~~🎵 🎶 🎼
Seasons Greetings, friends. Welcome to the most magical time of the year. We are so glad you are here! As always, if you are “spoken for” do share this hopeful news with your single family and friends who may be struggling this time of year.
Dating in December is extra romantic. It’s the easiest time to choose date ideas and people are generally in a joyful mood. First Date venue options abound! Imagine driving through your favorite decked out holiday neighborhood or gift shopping at the mall with your new romantic beau. That would be a telling second, third, or fourth date, right? How someone handles the holiday season is often a window to how they handle their entire life. Think about it!
Cupid and Santa love to work in tandem too–as you now know–making it even more possible for your dreams to come true. Even a giant Grinch can be transformed into a jolly soul this month. The odds of attracting a future partner are doubled in December. (Keep in mind: This doesn’t mean you have to spend the high holidays together if you just started dating. You don’t have to “meet the parents” yet…so to speak.)
On the other hand, this time of year can bring on a case of the Holiday Blues. Don’t skip your meds, please. Be nice to yourself. Studies show, if you don’t prioritize yourself this month, you will have regrets. You should not HALT dating just because it’s the holidays. Your children are likely grown and/or you may be a single parent of school age children, which is all the more reason to gift yourself. Give yourself permission to splurge on you. Your children will respect you for it. You should absolutely step it up. There is no gain in being a martyr. It is also a bad example for your offspring to see you alone year after year. Your happiness will be a gift to them, too.
So, let your heart be light and end the year strong with ease and brilliance! Consider the following details before you write down your December goals. It truly is a wonderful life when you make the moments count.
The Upside of Being Single in December:
1. You don’t have to buy your romantic partner a gift. Lol. (I’ve heard some men wait until after the holidays and Valentine’s Day, in order to skip gift giving. Bah humbug, right? Revolution Dating would shy away from representing a man who thinks like this. I.E. This is NOT #MatchmakerApproved.)
2. You can pick and choose where you want to go for holiday gatherings. Yeah! No more long drives or flights to the in-laws!
3. You have more time for yourself and your family since you no longer have to split time between families. Celebrate how you want to, and if you’re wise, join the club after you finish this article. By taking steps now, you can pre-empt that lonely defeated feeling. This is incredibly empowering. Thank us later.
The DOWNSIDE of Being Single in December:
1. People will feel sorry for you, no matter what you say or think. (Most single people can’t stand to hear it. However, they would benefit from your helpful advice.)
2. You will be asked endless irritating questions that make your skin crawl: “Why are you still single?” Suddenly, everyone is an expert.
3. You will have no one to kiss on New Year’s Eve when the ball drops (BIGGEST BUMMER EVER).
4. You will sleep alone on the most romantic nights of the year. Is it ever fun to sleep alone? (You are in a Danger Zone if you like to sleep alone. This means you have been alone too long. Be careful if it is you. Nip it in the bud while you have time.)
THE GRAND SOLUTION: No matter what your age is–30 or 80–you can find a new partner. We see it every day. Increase your odds of finding authentic and attractive people to date with bravado and faith in our 32-year sustainable matchmaking system. We know it’s tough being single, newly single, or widowed this time of year. However, you can simply and proactively flip the script. There is someone out there who feels and thinks like you and is waiting to meet you too, especially in the here and now.
A gift of love (from YOU to YOU) will lift your spirits instantly. Taking ACTION right now will change your vibe for the whole month…even if you decide you want your first date in January. You will enjoy your holiday more knowing you are a client and your file is set up and ready to go. You will also beat the new year rush.
Understand, many of your married friends are faking it through the holiday as if they were happy. Many will argue and bicker, unfortunately. YOU are in a great situation. YOU are the designer of your love life, and YOU will choose who to kiss when the clock strikes twelve on New Year’s Eve with our help. Your future is waiting on you. So, put your name in our Santa Hat. New clients are revealed daily. It’s so impressive, even more so in person, as we have met every one of our clients in-person in our private practice.
Know that December holds a mirror up and asks: “What do you want this year, my dear?” or “How do you want to end the year and start a new one?” I know what you want because you are reading this column. The next step is your responsibility. Make an appointment to meet us and we will take care of the rest.
Wishing you an extraordinary Holiday Season and a Happy New Year!
Love more in 2024!
Thank you for sharing your time with us today. The love in us honors the love in all of you.
XoXo, Kelly & Miranda
#BeatTheHolidayRush #GiftYourselfThisYear #HolidaySparks #WhyWaitJustDate #Connected #LoveOffline #TellYourFriends #LoveMoreIn2024 #GoodHeartedGals
Revolution Dating Founder and CEO, Kelly Leary, has 33 years in the dating industry and a Master’s Degree in Clinical Psychology. She has also been written about in The Palm Beach Post, PalmBeacher Magazine, Stuart News, Modern Luxury Palm Beach, and Modern Luxury Manhattan plus many more. Revolution Dating members are pre-screened in person including background checks. Professional photos are taken by the staff. Revolution Dating is NOT online dating or blind dating. In addition to providing matchmaking services that make singles “UN-single” through their exclusive club memberships, Kelly and her team also provide feedback from your dates when appropriate. Mock Dates are available by request. Single Coaching Sessions and Evaluations are also available by request for non-members or as an add-on to some memberships. *All inquiries are confidential. *By demand, we now have a Manhattan/TriState area Hub for our many North East clients with two homes.